Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Day 41 Tomorrow's Robot Engineers

Recently I shared a post about meeting one of my heroes  ~  Marina Umaschi Bers

In that post I did not mention her latest project KinderLab has really got my attention.

It is meant to give students a very kinesthetic way to understand the coding that is involved in building robotics in a way that feels really gender neutral with a low threshold and high ceiling.

I WANT ONE.. I want to get my hands on one.  I want to watch a group of Kindergarten code with one!  Why?  Because it feels like it goes beyond building and ventures into 'coding'  and computational thinking with very young learners in a way that feels developmentally appropriate.







I just found out that I will be presenting with STEAM teacher, Erica Bertucci  at Vermont's Kindergarten Conference.  This would be perfect place to have teachers give this new maker tool a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment