Monday, April 20, 2015

Day 86: Introducing Carrie Anne from Geek Gurl Diaries

I love meeting TechSavvy Girls both face to face and virtually. Today I'd like to introduce you to a very TechSavvy Girl that you have just got to meet  ~  Carrie Anne Philbin of Geek Gurl Diaries

Not only has Carrie Anne authored her own book called Adventures of Raspberry Pi, but she also maintains a blog and a YouTube Channel full of helpful tutorials.  I have been seeing her name come up over and over again lately, and now she is one of my go to persons when I need to learn a new tech skill.  




I just finished watching her LilyPad Tutorial   and would highly recommend any of the girls (and their teachers) who attended the Girls Make IT Session 2 give it a watch.  Not only will this be a good review of many of the concepts you learned that day,  but it will also give you a boost of confidence as you find yourself familiar with most (if not all) of the tech terms that Carrie Anne uses in her tutorial.  You'll find yourself saying -- "Hey I can do that".  You might even find yourself noticing that Carrie Ann could have been a little more efficient in her sewing patterns if she had sewn a "NEGATIVE BUS"  around her design so that she could more easily attach the negative leads of her LED's.    


I think you'll enjoy reading her tutorials and blog posts and seek her out for advice many times as you grow your own tech skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment